MIT Concert Band
Performing original works for winds since 1948
New England College Band Association (NECBA) is sponsoring the New England Intercollegiate Band Festival in April. If you are interested in being a part of this group, talk to Tom or Steve to get an application and begin working on an audition piece.
- New England Music Festival Association has a good list of audition pieces arranged by instrument
- Undergrad, Grad, Alumni, MIT-affiliates and even non-MIT-affiliated
- Musicians from nearby schools, including Wellesley and Lesley, are welcome!
- No Auditions Required!
- Six concerts per year + TOUR!
- Please bring your own instrument (except percussion). If you do not have an instrument but would like to play, please contact the Band Officers, as we may be able to locate one.
- Low time commitment for busy students (as compared to other music groups on campus)
- Marshmallow roasts, apple-picking, and more!
- See the calendar for rehearsal dates and show up any time during the semester.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Call Time - 1pm, Lobdell (Come early to move percussion)
Concert - 2pm, La Sala de Algo (2nd floor across from Lobdell)
Wear concert dress. BLACK SOCKS!
Food might follow.
Welcome to MITCB, new concert band members!
And welcome back returning members!
The first rehearsal will be held in W20-407 (4th floor of the student center) at 6pm on Sunday, September 12th.
Come give us a test run, we're sure to have some fun.
To contact the officers with questions about instrument availability, etc. email us at bavicchi-lives at mit dot edu.